Position: Pre-School Assistant (term time only) This is a fixed term contract until July 2022 but there is a strong possibility that the role will become permanent.
Grade: NJC Grade B 14 hours per week
Location: Bishopsteignton Preschool, Horns Park, Bishopsteignton TQ14 9RP
We are looking to appoint a qualified preschool assistant who is enthusiastic, motivated and fun-loving to work in our popular village preschool.
The role entails assisting for two days but with flexibility to increase if required. Our setting caters for 30-35 children from 2 to 5 years of age and is rated GOOD by Ofsted.
Hours required are: Monday 8:30-3:30pm Friday 8:30 -3:30pm plus 1 hour at home or within the setting to complete admin.
There is potential for more hours, if demand increases or to cover other staff on training days or due to staff sickness.
Closing Date: 2 November 21 Interviews: w/b 8 November 21
We would ideally like the successful applicant to start as soon as possible after the interview date.
The post is offered on a fixed term basis until July 2022 but there is a strong possibility that the role will become permanent.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a good communicator who can work as part of a team to provide a safe, secure environment where young children can play, learn and thrive.
- Can demonstrate that they have experience within a preschool or nursery environment.
- Has an sound understanding of safeguarding procedures within a childcare setting.
- Can meet the physical needs of children, encouraging good standards of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence. Working as part of a team to ensure the physical care needs or the children are met.
- Holds a full and relevant early years and childcare qualification at level 2 or above (level 3 is desirable)
- Has some IT skills to enable use of database used to record observations, google drive etc
Bishopsteignton Preschool is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bishopsteignton Preschool are committed to safeguarding children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
For more information, a full job description and application pack please email our manager Yeash on: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01626 777672